Ruby Scott-Geddes is an artist and creative community events coordinator working in Bristol and Edinburgh UK.
Ruby's illustration & printmaking practice is centred in the natural world, encouraging a connection to creativity and nature through their foraging prints and identification posters. They work as an illustrator & animator for environmental and social justice organisations.
Ruby's drawing and craft teaching shares a mindful approach to making, alongside the development of creative skills, and engages with natural materials, forms and pigments.
Ruby appeared as a contestant in the Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the year 2022 series, and featured in the Scottish Portrait Awards. In 2020, they received critical recognition for work in the SPAs and were a Youth Award nominee.
2015 - 2022 | Artist, Tutor & Events Coordinator - Freelance
2020 - 2021 | Learning and Engagement Assistant - Travelling Gallery
2015 - 2016 | Curator & Art Events Manager - The Forest Arts
2015 - 2017 | Administrator - Adam Architecture
2013 - 2015 | Administrator and Sales Assistant - Savills Estate Agents
Further experience as an art technician, and in hospitality for various employers 2011 - 2018.
History of Art MA(hons)
University of Edinburgh, 2019
Building Crafts Program: Heritage Skills
The Prince's Foundation, 2018
Figure and portraiture drawing
Edinburgh Atelier of Fine Art, 2017
- Experienced in cooperative models of meeting facilitation
- Project management and facilitation
- I.T. skills in Microsoft, Google and Apple programs
- Report writing and research, data collection and analysis
- Bookkeeping, managing invoices and expenses
- Risk assessments
- Copywriting, marketing and social media engagement
- Coordinating exhibitions, workshops and events
- Confident and caring communicator in person, email and telephone
- Happy working independently or as part of a team
- Workshop facilitator and tutor
- Event hosting and directing
- EDI training with Museums & Galleries Scotland
- Conflict resolution informal training
- Organising, facilitating and managing with cooperative principles
Technical & Creative:
- Illustration, animation and commercial design
- Painting, drawing and printmaking
- Foraging, cordage and paper making, natural printing and dyeing
- Textile repair and alterations, felting and weaving
- Functional ceramicist
- Basic timber construction, painting and decorating
- Basic photography, filming, sound recording and editing